08 April 2008

The Microphones - The Glow, Pt. 2

I want so bad to write a proper review of this album, but I can't seem to do it justice. So I'll just say this - This album is perfect.

Favorite Songs
1 - The Glow, Pt. 2
2 - The Moon
3 - Instrumental/The Mansion
4 - You'll Be In the Air
5 - I Felt Your Shape

The reissue of this album also comes with a bonus disc with 20 more tracks. These include alternate versions of the original tracks (or "destroyed versions" as they are labeled clearly on disc 2) and some new songs. Most of the destroyed versions are exactly that. The new songs, however, are amazing. Though, to be fair, I haven't listened to all of the bonus material carefully.

Awesome Bonus Material
1 - I'm Like You Tree
2 - Where Lies My Tarp?
3 - Map/Moon(version)


You can find out more here: http://www.pwelverumandsun.com/

Here's a solid review of this album from the folks at Pitchfork Media. http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/49606-the-glow-pt-2



No comments:

Post a Comment